Monday, October 27, 2008

How Do You Spell Fun? F-O-N-D-U-E

I think this was the best birthday ever! As has become a tradition of sorts, my mom and I got to spend some quality time in the morning shopping. Well, me shopping, her buying--it's really a great system! It's always brief (before we can do too much damage) since, of course, there's always another game to get to. In the evening, we had dinner at the Melting Pot in Pasadena, which is a fondue restaurant we love!
I wasn't sure how the boys would like it but I think this picture speaks for itself! They just kept saying how fun it was and grinning. Justin developed a system (aided by the fact that he was able to commandeer an extra set of fondue forks) whereby he never had to pause in his eating. He would fill his forks (4 of them) with items to cook and then put them in the pot. When they were done, he would empty all the forks on his plate, refill and dunk them again. He then ate what was on his plate. By the time he was done swallowing, the next batch was ready for eating, so he would repeat. Of course, we all had to bring our "A" game (and handicapped by only having 2 forks!) in order to assure our fair share. The waitress said that we were the fastest group she'd ever had. Hmmm, I wonder if that's a good thing?

4 comments:

Hoskins Family said...

Looks like you had a great time! Hope your birthday was a good one!

The Queen said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog!! haha. Do you mind if I add you to my list?

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

How fitting that one of your first posts would be about fondue. I am so happy to see your blog. You are the one that I asked Daleen to focus on coming over to "our side."

Spiker said...

That is my goal for this weekend! To make it to the Melting Pot!