Thursday, February 19, 2009

Try, Try Again

Some of you (who shall remain nameless) have enjoyed an inordinate amount of pleasure in my failure as a baker. Therefore, I have made it my mission to successfully produce an edible loaf of bread.

For this purpose (ok, well, not really for this purpose, but we squeezed it in), we travelled to St. George, Utah to apprentice under Master Baker, Bruce Peacock. Jeff still swears this is not the same Bruce Peacock he grew up with! He graciously offered Bryce and I a coveted spot in his remedial bread baking course.

I took very careful notes:
Looks easy, right?
You should have seen how quickly those babies were gobbled up by the houseful of grandkids.
I have come to the conclusion that it was not my skills at issue, but rather my ingredients.
(It could happen!)
So, Bruce took me shopping. Oh, oh. Now I really won't have any excuse!
I haven't had any time to try it out yet, but I'll let you know how it turns out.
Maybe.
Unless, of course, my results don't improve.

1 comment:

Hoskins Family said...

Well, I think you should try before next friday;-)