Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May Days with Justin

When Bryce was born and I got to stay home and be a mom I swore that I would savor the days with the baby and remember every minute.  But now, nearly 13 years later, I can only remember snippets of moments.  Things that are just so clear while you’re living them disappear *POOF*.  It is the saddest thing ever.

So, here I am again, trying to memorialize the brief months that we get to spend with Justin before he leaves us for 2 years, maybe never again to LIVE with us (I’m not sure what to hope for here:)  In the end, we just have to live what we are because living under a microscope hoping for “special moments” is a sure way to scare them away.

We’ve been to Disneyland…

IMG_0774  

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0776

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We spent a lovely day in LA…

 IMG_0786 IMG_0797

IMG_0791 IMG_0808IMG_0796

We celebrated Justin’s 19th (and 20th and 21st) birthday(s).    What do you get a young man who will be living minimally for the next two years?  A watch that can be stolen…and red velvet cake with creatively numbered candles. 

IMG_0824

IMG_0819

 

 

 

IMG_0820

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0821

I made a wish too when he blew out the candles, but I can’t tell you or it might not come true!

1 comment:

The Queen said...

Oh boy. I feel like I am about to burst into tears!