Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Was he at a clambake?

I love XM (now Sirius/XM) radio. One reason is that you can see the artist and song title. So, this song title comes up, "Pulling Mussels from the Shell", and I'm thinking what a weird title. Then the song comes on and it's really familiar, only I always thought the words were "pulling muscles for Michelle". Granted, my version doesn't really make sense but I thought it was definitely a more likely subject matter for a song. This isn't the first time I've been surprised to find out the actual words, for instance I always thought that the Rolling Stones' "Angie" was the lament, "I in jail". Really, Mick should learn to enunciate.

3 comments:

OlsenFam said...

I think it's fun to hear old songs and not even recognize the name of the band...one hit wonders! I love satellite radio.

Spiker said...

Ha when Lindsay was little she thought the lyrics from the theme song to Rocko's Modern Life was "Rocko's Mothers wife"...

The Queen said...

wow. mick really does have a big mouth. and could his band members look any more bored to be there?? or were they just a little "out of it" if ya know what i mean. if it makes you feel any better, i couldn't' tell what either one of them were saying, even after you had written the lyrics.

and i probably shouldn't tell you this but i hadn't ever even heard either of those songs...